Saturday, May 28, 2016

Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue

Blue Lily, Lily Blue Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yes, we're almost there, almost at the end and yes I am DREADING IT!!!!!


“What do we do now?" Gansey asked.
From the other room, Calla bellowed, "GO BUY US PIZZA. WITH EXTRA CHEESE, RICHIE RICH."
Blue said, "I think she's starting to like you.”


I've always liked Gansey, but then considering how gruff Calla can be, this really was a moment that couldn't be forgotten. Calla has always been gruff - in fact, that Mr. Gray is the one person she seems to truly like (especially because he's a hitman and can show her how to kill someone effectively, but again, I digress...) of the newest members of their little family. That's really what they've become over the last few books - a family. And now that family is about to be torn asunder by Colin Greenmantle and his ridiculous wife! I like Piper about as much as I liked Neeve, which is to say, not a whole heck of a lot.

It was possible that there were two gods in this church.


See Adam, see!!!! You are full of the Ronan love and admiration, I KNEW IT!!!!!

Watching Adam coming to grips with himself, who he is and what that means has been a beautiful thing. He hasn't quite gotten there yet, but he's a hell of a lot closer. If this series does not end with Adam and Ronan being happy and together I might crumble into a million little pieces!!

“Blue,” he warned, but his voice was chaotic. This close, his throat was scented with mint and wool sweater and vinyl car seat, and Gansey, just Gansey.

She said, “I just want to pretend. I want to pretend that I could.”


Yes, they are there... Pretty much. The only thing that's left is to be honest with everyone and to show the group that they are meant to be together. THIS SERIES IS KILLING ME!!!!!

Read it if you want your heart to just burst with all the potential and the love! Maggie Stiefvater has woven such an intricate tale full of romance, intrigue, and a lot less actual cursing than you would expect for YA fare. Maybe that has to do with the Scholastic publisher, maybe not, but I know that as it starts pouring in (because as the books go by, the curses do start to come) they don't feel senseless. They don't feel like just there for shock value. The context is there, the usage is correct and feels natural. Where the language does not turn "blue" and it is hinted at feels natural too. Masterful prose! This is quite the series and I'm just going to be lost when it ends...


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment