Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Review: My Love Is Blue

My Love Is Blue My Love Is Blue by Rosemary Danielis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In the darkness his hand finds mine. A sense of calm chases away my panic. "We're together, that's all that matters," it whispers. I stop my struggle, feeling the last bits of air leave my lungs. My legs lose all strength to keep me upright. I let myself fall.

It feels so good to give up.


I received my copy of this eBook in exchange for a fair and honest review.



Sweet mother of all that's holy!!!! This book, this book pulls and pulls on feelings. One moment you are squashed under the despair and the next you are screaming wanting Emma to realize that she is loved, that she will always be loved, and that she will be loved again all she has to do is climb out of the drugged fog that Ophelia has kept her under.

What happens between Grayson and Emma is beautiful. The language is that of someone who understands art, colour, creativity and someone who also understands depression. This story resonated with me, I've had my own struggles with anxiety and depression and I could feel where Emma was coming from throughout this book. I knew what it was like to lose track of time, to be in that haze that days pass and your brain is so fogged with loss and unable to let go that you don't realize that months have passed. To see the end of this story, to see Grayson and Emma be able to come together... That was truly beautiful!

Holy descriptive, Batman! I don't think, if you don't have some kind of appreciation of colour, that you will be as easy to lose yourself in Emma's speech. She's an artist, a painter, and every shade has it's proper name. If I hadn't spent so many years in a creative arts program, I would probably have been looking up every other colour because I would want to know just what colour red she was talking about. I recommend a good colour dictionary or a website where you can search them out by name as reference if you are as visual as I am, wanting to be able to picture everything in your minds eye. If you aren't all that concerned, then have at it!

This story was not only about finding yourself after the death of your significant other by suicide, but about finding new love and coming back to the land of the living after being struck with your own grief and depression. I heartily recommend this book to anyone who has had some experience with depression, it does make it easier to relate to the character. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment