Thursday, September 29, 2016

Review: The Bees

The Bees The Bees by Laline Paull
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What an amazing ride!!!!



This was a glorious tale, I really enjoyed it! I'd been looking since Mort e for another book that brought animals to a level of human consciousness. I would have enjoyed almost anything similar, but this one is probably the best recommendations that the Goodreads audience has given me!

This book follows the story of a lowly sanitation worker bee, Flora 717, and how her life is within the colony. She has an overwhelming love for the Queen, the Holy Mother, and there is almost a religious fury in her devotion but a moral tale that everyone sins is woven through it. No one but the Queen may breed, but Flora (who lay three eggs of her own) loved each one with a fervent abandon while she is cognizant of her sins against the hive and Holy Mother.

Flora teaches that no one is perfect and sometimes that imperfection can be a wonderful thing!

Five hearty stars and two enthusiastic thumbs up for this one! If you have any recommendations for stories similar, please let me know!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment