Thursday, September 29, 2016

Review: The Glass Mermaid

The Glass Mermaid The Glass Mermaid by Poppy Lawless
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received my copy of this eBook for free in exchange for a fair and honest review.

WOW! I wasn't expecting this!



I wouldn't call this a retelling of a Fairy Tale - there are aspects of The Little Mermaid absolutely, but this one stands on its own. I LOVED Kate! She was so sure of her fate, that she was the last mermaid and that she was going to die alone. Her attraction to Cooper is something that has been growing over time, and though this is a novella, the progress didn't feel fast or rushed. He's been in town for a while and though they haven't spoken, they have had the chance to observe each other and get a feel for who they each are. That attraction is mutual, but not because of her magical siren ways.

Cooper, facing a death sentence of terminal cancer doesn't think going after Kate is a good idea, because he doesn't have the time left to truly love her the way he wants. When his health takes a turn for the worse, Kate has to make a choice. It seems like her life comes full circle and in a way, everything she had lost in her past brought her full circle to the happiness she deserved.

Beautifully written, from both POVs so that you get a feel for what's really going on inside their heads. I am definitely going to be picking up the others in the series now! This is a book in a series but it reads well as a standalone. Thank you Poppy Lawless for providing me this to read - it was fabulous and I can't wait to read more! They have been added to my list!

Four stars, only because I wished for a little more before that epilogue. It felt like there could have been something sweet and fluffy before that ending. Fabulous!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment