Friday, September 23, 2016

Review: Redemption

Redemption Redemption by Jessica Therrien
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received my copy of this eBook in exchange for a fair and honest review.

You have to lose to win...


Yes. Yes, you do. You have to lose your heart, tears, sleep, precious hours stolen from work. You have to lose so much to win in the end with this GLORIOUS series.



Children of the Gods has been a roller coaster of a series! So many moments where my heart felt like it was going to explode from my chest and shatter in to a million itty bitty pieces! I think this book hit the ground running almost as fast as the second, and though it slowed somewhat, this world became the world of a dystopian aftermath - I think if it had been that from the beginning I couldn't take it! The fact that it became that way, it became a world that had to be rebuilt - this is the type of dystopian society that I could get behind (then I am VERY burned out on dystopian fiction!) and that was what Elyse, William, and their rag tag family are trying to do.

I could wax poetic about metaphors in the writing, because I can see so many that I'm sure weren't even implied. I think anyone reading this series will see so many parallels with things we see in our own world and I think there's a beautiful message here that everyone could learn from.

Five very well deserved stars and two enthusiastic thumbs up! Thank you Jessica Therrien for a wonderful series! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment