Saturday, October 29, 2016

Review: Ahsoka

Ahsoka Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Ahsoka Tano, my favourite Togrutan Padawan survived so much and lived for so long, long enough to make her mark on Rebel history!



Ahsoka was long overdue and much wanted in the Star Wars canon series of books. I couldn't have loved it more if I tried, though I may be biased with my great love of her from Star Wars: Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels. There was so much more to her story and so much more that needed to be told and E.K. Johnston did a wonderful job doing that!

"There's two kinds of family," Miara said after a moment. "There's the kind like me and Kaeden, where you get born in the right place to the right people and you're stuck with one another. If you're lucky, it turns out okay. The other kind of family is the kind you find."


I'm glad that Ahsoka found her family, finally, in the rebellion. I'm glad that she found Bail Organa and that she took her place in the fight! This book was action packed, giving a glimpse in to what Ahsoka's life was like post Clone Wars and pre Rebels. She learned what path she wanted to be on, something in the middle of the road not quite a Jedi and not quite a Rebel. She became legend!

She allowed herself a small smile at the idea that Imperial monotony was working to her advantage.


She was still the same Ahsoka, the same girl we'd come to know though time and war had changed her. She was alone, adrift, and yet she was still herself, or at least the way I had always imagined her. I think I was afraid that this telling of her life would be something that didn't feel right, or that didn't fit with the expectations I had based on how well I knew and loved the character. I was wrong - it was more than I could have ever dreamed!

The stories that called back to the Clone Wars, the search for her new crystals for her white lightsabers, it was something that was perfectly Ahsoka and fit perfectly with her. The crystals singing to her after a prophetic dream with Master Yoda one evening when she was searching for the right ways to save Kaeden, save her friends on Raada. The right way to protect others and help others who needed it.


(view spoiler)

I am so happy and so grateful that I was able to witness the birth of a rebellion legend through this wonderful story!

Five enthusiastic stars and wishes and dreams for more wonderful titles that show us what else Ahsoka Tano did!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment